Ramon Franco's Canned Mussels bathed in pickled (escabeche) sauce made with a traditional recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation.
- Ingredients: Mediterranean mussels (𝑴𝒚𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒖𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒔) olive oil (15%), wine vinegar, spices and salt.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We’re proud of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-617-879-1600
- Producer: Ramón Franco
- Importer: Trovato Schrage Selections Boston, MA.
- Ownership structure: Grown, processed, and packaged on single estate by one family.
- Location: A Coruña, Galicia, Spain.
- Method: delicately washed, steamed, cleaned by hand and bathed in pickled (escabeche) sauce.
6-8 Pieces per Can
Baby mussels are packed around ropes at an ideal density using biodegradable mesh. Within a matter of hours the mussels attach themselves to the rope. The mesh eventually dissolves away.
Ramón Franco team members tending the Batea
A Ramón Franco batea on rough seas
La Batea (Raft)
This raft supports the vertical ropes.
The mussels reach their mature size on the ropes
Detail photo of Ramón Franco rope
Underwater photo of ropes by Ramón Franco
Ramón Franco boat heading out to the Batea
The rope is extracted from the Batea with a crane.
The basket strips the mussels off the rope.
Harvest unloaded onto boat.
Mussels are harvested in the Fall. The boat uses a specialized basket to strip the mussels off the line.
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted
showing questions from (% questionsData.questions.from %) to (% questionsData.questions.to %)
0 Question Asked