- Summer 2019 First Flush - our highest grade of tea: Now in stock. Satisfaction Guarantee: We’re proud of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund you. feel free to reach out: (617) 870-4113
- Farmer Packaged in Hoshino, Japan
- Connoisseur Grade
- “Traditional Authentic Yame Green Tea” received recognition under the national geographical indication protection system.
- Farmer Akihito Tataki - the first son of the Takaki Green Tea Farm in Hoshino Village, Yame, Japan. Awarded best in category at the all-Japan Cuisine Awards by the ministry of Forest and Agriculture.
- Naturally very low in caffeine, contains no additives, no artificial processing
- The deep smoky aroma and round flavor is perfect for any time of the day.
Hojicha (ほうじ茶) is a Japanese green tea. It is distinctive from other Japanese green teas because it is roasted in a porcelain pot over charcoal, whereas most Japanese teas are steamed. The tea is fired at a high temperature, altering the leaf color tints from green to reddish brown. The roasted flavors are extracted and dominate this tea: the roasting replaces the vegetative tones of other varieties of Japanese green tea with a toasty, slightly caramel-like flavor. The roasting process used to make Hōjicha also lowers the amount of caffeine in the tea. Because of its mildness, Hōjicha is a popular tea to serve during the evening meal or after, before going to sleep, and even preferred for children and the elderly.
BREWING YAME HOJICHA
Water temperature: 80°C / 180°F
Leaf Amount: 2 heaped tablespoons per cup.
Steeping time: 2:00
Steeping can be from 30 seconds to even 2 minutes. It really depends on preference of strength and boldness.
With our quality of tea, 3 infusions are possible. This means less waste. For a second and third infusion, steep the tea for 30 seconds with boiling water.
0 Review Posted
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted
showing questions from (% questionsData.questions.from %) to (% questionsData.questions.to %)
0 Question Asked