Trovato Schrage Selections - November 2, 2020
& Pickled Mussels
by Ramon Franco - to see original Spanish version click here.
- 2 cans of medium size pieces of pickled mussels
- 1 avocado
- 1 jar of dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 red onion
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
1. Open the cans of pickled mussels and drain into a container to reserve for later use as a dressing for the salad.
2. Peel avocados and cut them into small cubes.
3. Finely chop the red onion incorporating it into the avocado.
4. Chop the dried tomatoes also adding it to the mixture of avocado and onion.
5. Add a splash of lemon juice and lightly salt and pepper.
6. Stir and add, little by little, the reserved marinade previously drained from the mussels, enough to season without being too watery.
7. Chop the cilantro and mix it well with the salad.
In a bowl put the avocado salad as a base, and on top, place the whole pieces of pickled mussel.
You can find our medium size pieces of pickled mussels in our online store.
Cheers, enjoy good food.